NewBrowserVersion.org popups within your IE, FF or Chrome to prompt an important security update? This article is going to detail on how to get rid of such NewBrowserVersion.org popup virus and related adware or PUPs.
Category: malicious website
Damage Level: Middle
It is a trend that many risky infections infiltrates into computer via various malicious websites. And this NewBrowserVersion.org may join in this trend to invade your system with various infection possibilities.
It is important to know that recently many malicious or potentially risky websites are used to promote unwanted downloads or even spread infections in form of a fake Java software update, browser update and the like. Be aware that such are all fake.
Besides, the NewBrowserVersion.org popups usually come as a result of installing some adware or PUP like a browser hijacker in form of a browser toolbar bundled with a variety of freeware that you can download from the Internet. Therefore, it is always too careful to download some software, common used programs like Java software update or web browser update or flash player update, etc, in particular, from the places except from the official sites.
The impage of NewBrowserVersion.org popup
Disadvantages and Risks of Having NewBrowserVersion.org Popups
1. Your PC will run slower and slower, or even get crashed from time to time.
2. Web browsing speed is heavily dragged.
3. The popups may mislead you to risky websites and misguide you to download unwanted programs to jam or harm the computer further.
4. Like many other adware, such popup can access to all your browser data and collect these data, sending them to people who use them for money, despite that this has already violated your online privacy and compromise your online security.
5. Floods of ads in your web browser will degrade web browser performance to be annoying.
6. Other unexpected issues like browser hijacking, search redirects, various malware infections are very likely to come along.
To keep clean and safe from harmful junk files from the Internet, it is urgent to remove the NewBrowserVersion.org popups and related adware or PUPs from your computer and web browser. Below is a detailed removal guide to help you on this subject.
Prevention improves on virus removal. -—Tips to Prevent Adware/Malware
How to Get Rid of NewBrowserVersion.org Popups (Adware Removal Guide)
Step 3. Remove Hidden Risky Components using antimalware
To ensure no risky hidden components of this adware left to harm the system, you need an antivirus or antimalware like Anvi Smart Defender to scan out the core malicious files of this adware. To do this, you can follow below tips:
1. Download and install Anvi Smart Defender
Free version download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
Get Pro version: www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php
(Pro version can provide more protection to help the computer immune to future threats alike.)
2. Switch to the second tab-the scan tab and click on Full Scan button.
3. Remove the malicious results scanned by Anvi Smart Defender antimalware.
Step 2. Uninstall related programs from computer
This adware installs its program to computer. To completely remove NewBrowserVersion.org popup and potential risks related, the first step is to uninstall it from the computer. Follow below steps to uninstall related PUPs from your computer.
To conveniently help you figure out related programs, here we recommend you Anvi Uninstaller featured in Cloud System Booster to do the job:
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster.
Free version: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Get Pro version : www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. Close all programs and windows. Start Cloud System Booster and click on Toolbox at the bottom of the main screen to access where you can locate Anvi Uninstaller to Download and Run.
3. Locate the Recent Installed tab and then find the related programs to uninstall.
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to this adware.
Then you will see similar windows as shown in below images:
Please note that here the process 3 is only available for Pro version users. This step can help you clean out those left files, mainly registry entries of the uninstalled PUP.
And if you want this, you can conveniently purchase the Cloud System Booster here: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
If you prefer manual uninstall, follow below steps:
For Win 8 users: Click Windows key > Start Menu > Control Panel , Find and click other dubious program related, click Uninstall.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program, find and locate dubious program related to right click the item, click Uninstall/Change. If there comes an confirmation, click Yes to proceed.
Step 3. Repair browser settings within IE/Firefox/Chrome
NewBrowserVersion.org popups often come bundled other PUP/adware install, which would cause malicious toolbar/add-on/plugin installed, default search engine modified and homepage hijacked. Thus it is necessary to get all browser settings repaired after remove the risky components and the program.
To repair browser settings infected by browser hijacker or PUPs, the usual method is to remove the add-on, repair the homepage and search engine, etc. Alternatively, if you not sure about which PUP causes the hijacking or pop up, you can also reset the web browser for the final solution which always works well.
And here we decide to guide you reset the web browser to default in order to fix the issue with efficiency. Otherwise, you can also choose to manually repair the browser settings as well.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for IE 8 and below users) at the top (far right), then click again on Internet Options.
2. In the Internet Options dialog box, locate the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
1. Open Firefox, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu, and select Troubleshooting Information.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
3. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
4. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish.
1. Access to below file:
The folder “Default” contains all of the requisite settings. To reset Chrome, close it and change the folder name of “Default” to anything else…”Default old” or “Default broken” or whatever else you like. Once you reopen Chrome it will be reset!
If you want to retain some settings (especially things like bookmarks and login info) you can copy (don’t just move them because they should be kept intact as backups; copy them) those files into your new Default folder any time that Chrome is closed.
Note: The current version of Chrome does not provide the reset function in its settings list and you can sue the above method to set it to default settings in order to fix the browser issues without reinstall it.
However, in Chrome 15,16,17, you can go to: Options →Personal Stuff → Users→Delete User.
If you are the only chrome user, you will be the only user in the list. Click on “DELETE THIS USER” and viola…. You have reset Google Chrome to default settings.
Step 4. Remove tracking cookies, key leftovers, and maintain system performance
Adware that causes misleading redirects and unwanted downloads may jam your system with burdensome leftovers to degrade your system performance or even harm the system. Thus, it is necessary to do a full cleaning after the adware removal. Again Cloud System Booster could afford this job.
1. Download and install.
Cloud System Booster download: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. Click Disk Cleaner button on the main screen and then on the left navigator, locate the web browser like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome that you use, and then select item of removing cookies. It is recommended to select all web browsers that you have on your PC.
2. Click Home button to back on home page and click Quick Care button and the system maintenance begins.
Recommended for a slow PC→
If you want deep optimization, it is a good idea to defrag your hard disk using Anvi Ultimate Defrag:
This is a trial version of Anvi Ultimate Defrag download: www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Step 5. Block Malicious Websites and Ads using Anvi Ad Blocker
Here you may also choose the Anvi Ad Blocker to help you block this sites by adding the URL to its blacklist. Besides this tool provides a huge online database to help you filter most malicious/phishing websites and annoying advertisements.
Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Please note this is a trial version of Anvi Ad Blocker for 15 days free use. If you want it for longer time, you can conveniently buy it here.
To block the NewBrowserVersion.org pop up using Anvi AD Blocker, you can follow below instructions on the image:
Not only this tool can help you block those malicious, phishing websites and most advertisements to reduce risks of getting infected, but also it can assist you in filtering those unwanted URLs like this NewBrowserVersion.org by adding the URL into its black list.
Adware/Malware Prevent Tips
–Tips to Prevent Adware and Potential Malware Infiltration
1. Keep your system and installed programs up to date.
2. Use caution when surfing online. Basically, you are suggested to turn on security features of web browsers. (See steps to turn on security features of IE/Firefox/Chrome).
3. Some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker can help you block most malicious/phishing websites and pop up ads with a real-timely updated database. Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
4. At any rate, the best way to prevent adware or malware infections is always security tools including firewall, antimalware or antivirus, etc. If you have not an trustful antimalware yet, then Anvi Smart Defender (download) would be a good choice to offer protection from mushrooming threats online.
5. To prevent unwilling install of some PUPs that bundles browser toolbars or adware, ensure the superlink of download you click is safe and clean. Plus, during the install, always choose custom install instead of continuing hitting Next to recklessly ignore the pre-check boxes and finally find unwanted programs else installed.
6. Chances are you take all measures to protect your computer but still end up with unknown infections, then the last solution is to take precaution on various cyber scams and remove the infection once and for all.
If you have more suggestions or questions about the adware/malware removal and prevent, leave your comment below.