If any of you have been plagued by OurWorld Toolbar with its troublesome modification of browser settings or annoying ads appearing in your web, this article will provide you with an effective removal guide to help you get rid of this infection completely. Please read and be still.
Table of content:
What is OurWorld Toolbar
OurWorld Toolbar, or Search.Conduit redirect virus, belongs to browser hijacker and potentially unwanted program (PUP), which is similar to Whitesmoke Toolbar , DivX Browser Bar Toolbar , DefaultTab by Search Results, LLC . It adds OurWorld.com Toolbar to your PC, redirects homepage to http://search.conduit.com/, and modifies your previous search engine like Google, Bing to OurWorld.com Customized Web Search. But beyond that, the OurWorld Toolbar will also infiltrate your browsers in the form of OurWorld.com Toolbar without you ever knowing they were there.
Screenshot of OurWorld Toolbar/Search Couduit Hijacking
Are your confused about how it goes to your PC?
- In the most of cases, OurWorld Toolbar is reported to infect computers by the way of packing with free software to install on PC sneakily. When you install such free software, you may also carelessly agree to set your default search engine to Ourworld.com Customized Web Search and homepage to Search.conduit.com, which means another PUP Search Protect by Conduit is also allowed installing on your PC. Therefore, please always be attentive when downloading free software from the websites such as download.com, softonic.com, CNET, Brothersoft, software.informer as well as remember to select Customized Installation instead of Recommended Installation to avoid being infected by browser hijacker like OurWorld Toolbar and other PUP. ( by clicking Skip or Decline to refuse them )
Of Course, the final purpose of OurWorld Toolbar is not just hijacking your browsers.
- It accesses to your personal information, collects your browsing habits and monitors your internet activities for commercial use. This is why you will see some of ads displayed in your internet search results. It attempts to attract your to these ads to make you the target of internet sales. So it can generate traffic and revenues. Besides, if your receive spam mail or marketing calls, don’t think it is a strange thing.
Below we’ll offer you an effective removal guide, please follow it step by step.
How to Remove OurWorld Toolbar
Removal steps outline
- Step 1: Uninstall OurWorld Toolbar and other unknown programs installed recently from control panel or via Cloud System Booster
- Step 2: Repair Browser Damages–IE, Firefor & Google Chrome (automatically/manually)
- Step 3: Remove residual junk files and invalid registry entries from your PC using Cloud System Booster
- Step 4: Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
Step 1> Uninstall OurWorld Toolbar and other unknown programs installed recently from control panel or via Cloud System Booster
For Windows XP: Click “Start“>”Control Panel“>”Add or Remove Programs“>”Programs and Features“>Look for OurWorld Toolbar and Search Protected by conduit, select them and click Remove.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click “Start” (“Windows Logo”)>”Control Panel“>”Uninstall a program“(under Program)>look for OurWorld Toolbar and Search Protected by conduit, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
For Windows 8: Right-click on the screen’s bottom-left corner> “Control Panel” >”Uninstall a program“(under Program)> Look for OurWorld Toolbar and Search Protected by conduit, select them and click Uninstall/Change.
Although OurWorld Toolbar can be removed from control panel, there are still leftover items of this PUP remaining your PC system without your Knowledge. Anvi Uninstaller bundled with Cloud System Booster （System Maintenance& Optimizer) is recommended to help you remove this toolbar thoroughly and easily.
1. Please install Cloud System Booster first.
Free download link: http://dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. After installing, open it and click Expert, and then click Toolbox to download Anvi Uninstaller within several senconds.
3. Then, click run to scan all programs on your PC.
4. Select OurWorld Toolbar or other PUP like below, right click on it, then click Uninstall. Repeat the operation to remove other unwanted programs.
5. Anvi Uninstaller customizes three removal steps for users during the process of removing OurWorld Toolbar. Picture is displayed below, you can skip first step to go on the following operations.
Please note: Perfect Scan is only available in Pro version.
6. After removing OurWorld Toolbar, Anvi Uninstaller will detect all leftover items of this infection to offer you a perfect removal. For OurWorld Toolbar, there is no leftovers left. Please click Close to close the window.
Step 2> Repair browser damages–IE, Firefox & Google Chrome(automatically/manually)
——Repair browser damages via Anvi Slim ToolBar
1: Download and install Anvi Slim ToolBar.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_ast.html
Purchase link: http://www.dotfab.com/astupgrade.php
2. Remove toolbars from browsers
After installing Anvi Slim ToolBar, please open it(if you use trial version, click at the right bottom of box; if you use pro version, input your license key in the blank box), and click on Manage to detect toolbars in your browsers. When the result is displayed, select OurWorld.com Toolbar and others you what to remove, and then click Remove button to remove them.
3. Repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine.
In Anvi Slim ToolBar box, please click on Browser Repair. IE, FF and Google Chrome are listed in the left; you can select any of them to change its homepage and search engine. When you choose customize homepage or customize search engine, please input the one you prefer.
Then click on Repair button to repair hijacked homepage and modified search engine and click on OK.
——Manunally repair browser damages
If you are Internet Explorer users:
1. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, change the malicious domain http://search.conduit.com/ to the one you prefer, like http://www.msn.com/ and hit Apply and then click on OK.
3. Go to Tools> Internet Options> General, find the Tabs area, click on Settings, click on the button under “When a new tab is opened, open:”, select A blank page and hit OK to complete the operation.
4. Click on Tools( For Windows XP )/gear icon （ For Windows 7 ) at the upper-right corner of the Window, and the click on Manage add-ons. Then come to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Right click on OurWorld.com Toolbar and then click on Disable.
It is normal to find OurWorld.com Toolbar is non-existed in this browser. The reason is that you get OurWorld Toolbar infection from Internet Explorer, and then the toolbar will disappear after you remove OurWorld Toolbar from your PC.
If your are Firefox users:
1. Go to Firefox , click on Options and switch to the General Tab. Then click on Restore to Default, hit OK to recovery your default homepage; or you can enter the website you prefer such as www.google.com/, and click on OK to set it as your homepage.
It is normal to find OurWorld.com Toolbar is non-existed in this browser. The reason is that you get OurWorld Toolbar infection from Mozilla Firefox, and then the toolbar will disappear after you remove OurWorld Toolbar from your PC.
If you are Google Chrome users:
When Startup pages pops up, remove http://search.conduit.com/ by clicking X behind it.
2. Next, switch to the Appearance tab, click Show Home button and click Change, and then change http://search.conduit.com/ into http://www.Google.com/ or any one you prefer.
3. When the operation above is finished, come to Search tab, make sure that the content of the first bar is Google and then click Manage Search engines.
Then remove malicious search engines by clicking X behind them and click Make default behind Google to set it as your default engine.
It is normal to find OurWorld.com Toolbar is non-existed in this browser. The reason is that you get OurWorld Toolbar infection from Google Chrome, and then the toolbar will disappear after you remove OurWorld Toolbar from your PC.
Step 3> Remove residual junk files, invalid registry entries form your computer
There may exist some residual junk files and invalid registry entries in your computer system after uninstalling OurWorld Toolbar. Thus, Cloud System Booster is required to clean up them and save your disk space so as to increase running speed of your computer.
1. After you install the program, please open it, click on the BOOST button on the main screen to run a quick and full scan.
2. Once the scan completes, there will come out a result screen, please click Clean button to remove these junk files, malicious registry entries, etc to make sure the computer system is clean.
Step 4> Block spam ads, malicious websites including phishing websites automatically via Anvi Ad Blocker
To avoid being infected by adware and annoyed by popups, you are recommended to install internet ads blocker—Anvi Ad Blocker to give you a real-time protection. It protects Windows system from malicious URLs, phishing websites, pop-up/flash ads as well as your unwanted websites by blocking them all. Moreover, it also speed up your webpage loading meanwhile it blocks all risky or potentially risky things from the Internet. Install Anvi Ad Blocker to protect the browsers from various pop-up ads, malicious websites. Download and install free or pro version of Anvi Ad Blocker. Then open it and it will keep running to help you to protect your computer from various online risks and annoyance ranging from spam ads, pop up ads, flash ads to phishing, hacked websites and many other malicious websites.
Download link: http://www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Purchase link: http://www.anvisoft.com/product/adbupgrade.php
After installing the spam ads and malicious URLs blocker, please click on the ON button to keep it running, so it will give you a real-time protect to help you out of the annoying of popup ads and attack of various malicious URLs.
When appearing malicious or unwanted URL, Anvi Ad Blocker will popup this window to Remind you. If you are agree to block it, please click OK; if not, please select Add to the White list to let the URL never be blocked again.
Besides, you can add malicious URLs to Black Lists to block them run and add URLs that you think aren’t annoying to White Lists to allow them to run.
Now, you have removed OurWorld Toolbar completely.
Though you remove OurWorld Toolbar and other potentially unwanted programs successfully, your disk drives may still carry a heavy load. Due to the infection of this browser hijacker or even other more malicious malware, there will be some of file system errors and junks and invalid fragments in your disk drives. it is necessary to install a repair and clean tool like Anvi Ultimate Defrag to help you fix bug and errors of files in your disk drives, clean up junk files, rearrange fragmented data in the disk as well as optimize the performance of your disk drives.
Free download: http://www.dotfab.com/downloads_aud.html
Purchase ： http://www.dotfab.com/audupgrade.php
After install it, please select the disk drive you want to repair and clean and operation you would like to run ( Repair, Clean, Defrag and Optimize ), then click on Start.
For any question, please feel free to send us your email below.