Search.jzip.com hijackes your web search with homepage always redirected to this site even after you repair the homepage? In this article you will find step by step guide to get rid of this search.jzip.com hijacker completely.
What is Search.jzip.com?
Search.jzip.com is often classified as a browser hijacker because it installs to hijack the web browser by replacing the homepage with search.jzip.com, modifying the default search provider, and even adding related browser plugin. As such, this browser hijacker as an advertising platform to promote advertisements or draw traffics to partner websites.
The image of search.jzip.com homepage
Typically this search.jzip.com homepage and hijacking comes as a consequence of installing some adware or potentially unwanted program, like a toolbar, which are bundled with freeware downloaded from the Internet. These freeware can be audio-video player, PDF converter, download manager, software informer, etc.
Once installed, this browser hijacker will change browser settings above mentioned without your permission. As a result, you seems to be forced to search with search.jzip.com regardless of web browser, say Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc, every time you open your web browser or even start a new tab. This would drive me crazy if I were encounter it and unknown what happened there. A question like whether a virus comes into my computer would come up to my mind immediately.
Well, you can rest your worries temporarily about getting heavily infected with search.jzip.com hijacking. However, the situation may get worse later for assured if you let it stay or even use it.
Disadvantages and Risks of Having Search.jzip.com Hijacker
Frankly speaking, search.jzip.com is technically not a virus but a browser hijacker. But it is absolutely not safe to use or keep search.jzip.com. Risks and disadvantages of this browser hijacker is listed below:
1. Floods of ads would jam your web search with search.jzip.com, even if it utilizes the real search results by some reputable search provider like Google, Yahoo or Bing. Because it is hard to tell the ads promoted by this browser hijacker from those normally from Google, Yahoo or Bing.
3. The web browsing speed is dragged and the system running would be slower and slower.
3. Unwanted redirects and annoying hijacking with search.jzip.com degrade the web browsing.
4. With search.jzip.com, more risks of getting infected by malware or adware come along.
Any would be intolerable. Thus, remove this search.jzip.com hijacker upon sight. Below is removal guide to help you get rid of this browser hijacker and related adware/PUP completely.
Prevention improves on virus removal. Before we go through the Search.jzip.com removal guide, let’s see some tips to prevent Search.jzip.com infiltration and possible related risks.
Tips to Prevent Search.jzip.com and Similar Browser Hijacker
To keep safe away from browser hijackers like this Search.jzip.com, you can take below tips into practice:
1. Use caution when browsing the Internet. Basically, you should ensure turn on security features of your web browser. See detailed instructions to turn on security features of IE, Firefox and Chrome. Plus. some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker would do a good job to help you filter most malicious/phishing websites and pop up ads. Anvi Ad Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html. See more details on Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker.
2. Take extra caution when you are required to download some browser updates, or adobe flash players. These are very likely to lead you to malicious downloads.
3. Pay attention when clicking a superlink or opening an email from unknown people and express company. It is too careful to open an attachment contained in a spam email or peer-to-peer shared files from the Internet.
4. Regularly clean up system files to maintain a healthy system. And also clean browser data including browser history and browser cookies on regular basis to better protect your online privacy.
5. Keep your system and installed programs up to date.
6. At any rate, the best way to protect computer from infections would be always security tools including firewall, antivirus, antimalware like Anvi Smart Defender.
Please note, to uninstall related adware or PUP will not automatically repair the web browser settings. To completely remove this browser hijacker page, you need to also repair the browser settings after the uninstall. By the way, security tools like Anvi Smart Defender is also necessarily needed to ensure the computer system is clean from any hidden risky components like some trojans. -–Maware Prevent Tips
How to Get Rid of Search.jzip.com Redirects (Browser Hijacker Removal Gudie)
Step 1. Remove hidden components using Antimalware
To facilitate the afterward removal and ensure the computer is clean from any hidden components of the infection, it is necessary to use Antimalware/antivirus scan and removal. Here we use the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender as an example for demonstration purpose. You can also take a try by following below steps:
1. Download and install Anvi Smart Defender
Free version Download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
(If you want more protection of Anvi Smart Defender like to immune to future threats, you may upgrade it here. )
2. Switch to the second tab-the scan tab and click on Full Scan button.
3. Remove the malicious results scanned by Anvi Smart Defender antimalware.
Step 2. Uninstall related PUP from computer
Choose an option you prefer to uninstall:
Tips: If you can not figure out which software is related to Search.jzip.com redirects, it is a good idea to remove all programs installed on the date that you firstly detect the presence of Search.jzip.com hijacking within your web browser.
Option 1. Automatic Uninstall
Anvi Uninstaller featured in Cloud System Booster contains a Recently Installed Tab can help you conveniently find the related PUP from recently installed program list to uninstall.
To use Anvi Uninstaller, you can follow below steps:
1. Download and install the Cloud System Booster.
Free version download: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. Start it and click on Toolbox at the bottom of the main screen to access where you can locate Anvi Uninstaller to Download and Run. and then Locate the Recent Installed tab and then find the related programs to uninstall.
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to the browser hijacker or PUP.
Then you will see below window
Please note that here the process 3 is only available for Pro version users. This step can help you clean out those left files, mainly registry entries of the uninstalled PUP.
And if you want this, you can conveniently purchase the Cloud System Booster here: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
Option 2. Manually uninstall Related PUP from Control Panel
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to the adware.
For Win 8 users: Click Windows key > Start Menu > Control Panel , Find and click dubious program related, click Uninstall.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program, find and locate dubious program related to right click the item, click Uninstall/Change. If there comes an confirmation, click Yes to proceed.
For Windows xp: Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, find and click dubious programs related, and then right click the item to click Remove to proceed the uninstall.
Step 3. Remove Search.jzip.com from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
To repair browser settings infected by browser hijacker or PUPs, the usual method is to remove the add-on, repair the homepage and search engine, etc. Alternatively, if you not sure about which PUP causes the hijacking or pop up, you can also reset the web browser for the final solution which always works well.
And here we decide to guide you reset the web browser to default in order to fix the issue with efficiency. Otherwise, you can also choose to manually repair the browser settings as well.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for IE 8 and below users) at the top (far right), then click again on Internet Options.
2. In the Internet Options dialog box, locate the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
1. Open Firefox, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu, and select Troubleshooting Information.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
3. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
4. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish.
1. Access to below file:
The folder “Default” contains all of the requisite settings. To reset Chrome, close it and change the folder name of “Default” to anything else…”Default old” or “Default broken” or whatever else you like. Once you reopen Chrome it will be reset!
If you want to retain some settings (especially things like bookmarks and login info) you can copy (don’t just move them because they should be kept intact as backups; copy them) those files into your new Default folder any time that Chrome is closed.
Note: The current version of Chrome does not provide the reset function in its settings list and you can sue the above method to set it to default settings in order to fix the browser issues without reinstall it.
However, in Chrome 15,16,17, you can go to: Options →Personal Stuff → Users→Delete User.
If you are the only chrome user, you will be the only user in the list. Click on “DELETE THIS USER” and viola…. You have reset Google Chrome to default settings.
All your add-ons, settings will restore to defaut.
Step 4. Remove tracking cookies, key leftovers and maintain system performance
Since this Search.jzip.com can inject its tracking cookies or use other means to track your online search habit and access to all your browser data, it is necessary to remove the related browser data including its tracking cookies and browser history to prevent its survival. In this regard, Cloud System Booster would be helpful. Not only will it help you automatically clean the browser data, but also it will maintain your system performance in order to return a smooth uncluttered OS.
Cloud System Booster download: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Instructions: 1. Download and install.
2. Click Disk Cleaner button on the main screen and then on the left navigator, locate the web browser like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome that you use, and then select item of removing cookies. It is recommended to select all web browsers that you have on your PC.
2. Click Home button to back on home page and click Quick Care button and the system maintenance begins.
Recommended for a slow PC→
If you want deep optimization, it is a good idea to defrag your hard disk using Anvi Ultimate Defrag:
This is a trial version of Anvi Ultimate Defrag download: www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Step 5. Block malicious websites and pop up ads using Anvi Ad Blocker
To block malicious websites and pop up ads for safer surfing online, some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker would be a nice choice. It provides a huge online database to help you filter most malicious/phishing websites and annoying advertisements.
Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Please note this is a trial version of Anvi Ad Blocker for 15 days free use. If you want it for longer time, you can conveniently buy it here.
Not only can this tool help you block those malicious, phishing websites and most advertisements to reduce risks of getting infected, but also it can assist you in filtering those unwanted URLs like this Search.jzip.com by adding the URL into its black list.
If any question in the process, leave it below.
Adware/Malware Prevent Tips
–Tips to Prevent Adware and Potential Malware Infiltration
1. Keep your system and installed programs updated to latest version.
2. Use caution when surfing online. Basically, you are suggested to turn on security features of web browsers. (See steps to turn on security features of IE/Firefox/Chrome).
3. Some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker can help you block most malicious/phishing websites and pop up ads with a real-timely updated database. Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
4. At any rate, the best way to prevent adware or malware infections is always security tools including firewall, antimalware or antivirus, etc. If you have not an trustful antimalware yet, then Anvi Smart Defender (download) would be a good choice to offer protection from mushrooming threats online.
5. To prevent unwilling install of some PUPs that bundles browser toolbars or adware, ensure the superlink of download you click is safe and clean. Plus, during the install, always choose custom install instead of continuing hitting Next to recklessly ignore the pre-check boxes and finally find unwanted programs else installed.
6. Chances are you take all measures to protect your computer but still end up with unknown infections, then the last solution is to take precaution on various cyber scams and remove the infection once and for all.