Slick Savings is an browser add-on installed to display various advertisements. In this article you will find how to remove this Slick Savings adware, step by step.
What is Slick Savings?
Slick Savings is an adware that comes bundled usually with other freeware downloaded online to flood your web search with various ads popups and banners. This Slick Savings adware is installed as a browser add-on, compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Usually the ads by Slick Savings are shown as popups or banners to make profits by advertising, promoting downloads or just drawing traffics to partner’s websites. Remember such adware usually come bundled with other PUPs like a toolbar, e.g. YTD toolbar, etc. To solve the ads problem with ads by Slick Savings, it is advised to keep your system clean from any unwanted programs and malicious web browser extensions.
Sometimes, the popup ads by Slick Savings are committed to promote more downloads of unwanted or even malicious software, like below fake media player download popup even when there is actually no video content on the page actually. Never click it to install. Bear in mind, safe download or update can be always fulfilled at official site.
To remove the malicious or unwanted ads by Slick Savings adware and prevent related risks of getting infected further, necessarily you need to uninstall its program and then repair the browser settings. Please note, uninstall the program will not automatically repair the browser settings. Below is a removal guide to help you get rid of Slick Savings ads, please complete it in proper order as suggested to keep your computer clean and safe. –Tips to Prevent Future Infection of Adware and Malware.
Good luck and be safe online.
How to Remove Slick Savings Popup Ads (Adware Removal Guide)
Step 1. Remove Hidden Risky Components using antimalware
To ensure no risky hidden components of this adware left to harm the system, you need an antivirus or antimalware like Anvi Smart Defender to scan out the core malicious files of this adware. To do this, you can follow below tips:
1. Download and install Anvi Smart Defender Free version download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
Get Pro version: www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php (Pro version can provide more protection to help the computer immune to future threats alike.)
2. Switch to the second tab-the scan tab and click on Full Scan button.
3. Remove the malicious results scanned by Anvi Smart Defender antimalware.
Step 2. Uninstall Slick Savings from computer
Slick Savings installs its program to computer. To completely remove ads by Slick Savings and potential risks related, the first step is to uninstall it from the computer. Follow below steps to uninstall Slick Savings from your computer. To conveniently help you figure out Slick Savings related programs, here we recommend you Anvi Uninstaller featured in Cloud System Booster to do the job:
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster.
Free version: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Get Pro version : www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. Start it and click on Toolbox at the bottom of the main screen to access where you can locate Anvi Uninstaller to Download and Run.
3. Locate the Recent Installed tab and then find the related programs to uninstall.
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to this Slick Savings adware.
Then you will see similar windows as shown in below images:
Please note that here the process 3 is only available for Pro version users. This step can help you clean out those left files, mainly registry entries of the uninstalled PUP.
And if you want this, you can conveniently purchase the Cloud System Booster here: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
If you prefer manual uninstall, follow below steps:
For Win 8 users: Click Windows key > Start Menu > Control Panel , Find and click Slick Savings and other dubious program related, click Uninstall.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program, find and locate Slick Savings and dubious program related to right click the item, click Uninstall/Change. If there comes an confirmation, click Yes to proceed.
For Windows xp: Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, find and click Slick Savings and dubious programs related, and then right click the item to click Remove to proceed the uninstall. Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to the adware.
Step 3. Remove Slick Savings browser add-on from IE/Firefox/Chrome
Slick Savings works as a browser add-on within IE, Firefox or Chrome. To get rid of this Slick Savings add-on from web browser, you can use Toolbar Manager featured in Cloud System Booster as mentioned above as well. To do this, you can 1. Download and install Cloud System Booster Please note, this Toolbar Manager featured is only for Cloud System Booster pro version. If you want to use this feature, you can get the pro version here:http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php. This way is highly recommended for users who have multiple web browsers installed.
Otherwise, you can also choose to manually remove Slick Savings add-ons from IE/Firefox/Chrome. – Slick Savings browser add-on Manual Removal
2. Start the program and click Toolbox at the bottom of the interface, locate the sidebar in the left to find Toolbar Manager icon as shown in below to open Toolbar Manager
3. Click Scan button to scan out Slick Savings add-on and other unwanted browser extensions to remove.
4. Select Slick Savings and other unwanted add-ons in IE, Firefox and Chrome Click Remove to delete all.
You can also choose to manually remove Slick Savings add-on from web browsers respectively.
Open Google Chrome and click bars icon to navigate to toolbars and extensions, find related or unwanted extensions to locate and click on the Trash can icon to remove it.
Open Internet Explorer, click Settings > Manage add-on > Toolbars and Extensions tab, search through the list to find Slick Savings and other unwanted add-on. Click the item to disable and remove.
Step 4. Maintain system performance
Adware that causes misleading redirects and unwanted downloads may jam your system with burdensome leftovers to degrade your system performance or even harm the system. Thus, it is necessary to do a full cleaning after the adware removal. Again Cloud System Booster could afford this job. 1. Download and install.
Cloud System Booster download: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. Click Disk Cleaner button on the main screen and then on the left navigator, locate the web browser like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome that you use, and then select item of removing cookies. It is recommended to select all web browsers that you have on your PC.
2. Click Home button to back on home page and click Quick Care button and the system maintenance begins.
Recommended for a slow PC→
If you want deep optimization, it is a good idea to defrag your hard disk using Anvi Ultimate Defrag: This is a trial version of Anvi Ultimate Defrag download: www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Adware/Malware Prevent Tips
–Tips to Prevent Adware like Slick Savings and Potential Malware Infiltration
1. Keep your system and installed programs updated to latest version.
2. Use caution when surfing online. Basically, you are suggested to turn on security features of web browsers. (See steps to turn on security features of IE/Firefox/Chrome). 3. Some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker can help you block most malicious/phishing websites and pop up ads with a real-timely updated database. Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
4. At any rate, the best way to prevent adware or malware infections is always security tools including firewall, antimalware or antivirus, etc. If you have not an trustful antimalware yet, then Anvi Smart Defender (download) would be a good choice to offer protection from mushrooming threats online.
5. To prevent unwilling install of some PUPs that bundles browser toolbars or adware, ensure the superlink of download you click is safe and clean. Plus, during the install, always choose custom install instead of continuing hitting Next to recklessly ignore the pre-check boxes and finally find unwanted programs else installed.
6. Chances are you take all measures to protect your computer but still end up with unknown infections, then the last solution is to take precaution on various cyber scams and remove the infection once and for all. If you have more suggestions or questions about the adware/malware removal and prevent, leave your comment below.