A popup from PCFileHelo.com prompts you to update your drivers? This article offers removal instructions to remove this Update Your Drivers Now Popup from PCFileHelp.com and related adware or PUP.
About Update Your Drivers Now Popup from PCFilehelp.com
Damage Level: Low
Update Your Drivers Now Popup from PCFileHelp.com often comes as a consequence of installing some adware like SavingsBull that bundled with a variety of freeware from the Internet.
These freeware can be audio/video player, software informer, download manager, PDF converter, etc.
As you may know that some adware can install to display various advertisements in forms of banners or popups, and the related adware that causes the Update Your Drivers Now popup from PCFileHelp.com can also superlink some keywords on every webpage you visit, where you move your mouse to hover over the keywords, there will popup ads semantically associated with keywords, just like this Update Your Drivers Now Popup from PCFilehelp.com.
In other words, the Update Your Drivers Now Popup from PCFilehelp.com is just a sign of installing some PUP or adware like SavingsBull.
Remember that almost all adware or ads related PUP can access to all data on your computer and websites you visit so as to violate your online privacy. Not to mention that the floods of ads can degrade your web browser performance and compromise your computer’s online security.
Thus, it is urgent to remove such Update Your Drivers Now Popup from PCFilehelp.com and related adware upon sight.
How to Remove Update Your Drivers Now Popup from IE/FF/Chrome (Adware Removal Guide)
To remove this Update Your Drivers Now Popup from PCFilehelp.com within your web browser, you need to not only uninstall the related PUP and unwanted adware from your computer, also you’d better repair your web browser settings and delete browser data including cookies and browser history to be safe in terms of privacy.
Removal Guide outlined:
Step 1. Uninstall Related PUP from Control Panel
Note: To completely fix the issue, you need to remove all suspicious PUP since many PUPs can cause the Update Your Drivers Now Popup from PCFilehelp.com.
For Win 8 users: Click Windows key > Start Menu > Control Panel , Find and click dubious program related, click Uninstall.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program, find and locate dubious program related to right click the item, click Uninstall/Change. If there comes an confirmation, click Yes to proceed.
For Windows xp: Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, find and click dubious programs related, and then right click the item to click Remove to proceed the uninstall.
It is possible that the uninstall may be difficult to fulfill when you don’t know which and when causes this issue, then you may use this tool-Anvi Uninstaller which is integrated in Cloud System Booster (a system cleaner).
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster.
Free version: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Get Pro version : www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. Start it and click on Toolbox at the bottom of the main screen to access where you can locate Anvi Uninstaller to Download and Run.
3. Locate the Recent Installed tab and then find the related programs to uninstall.
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related.
Then you will see similar windows as shown in below images:
Please note that here the process 3 is only available for Pro version users. This step can help you clean out those left files, mainly registry entries of the uninstalled PUP.
And if you want this, you can conveniently purchase the Cloud System Booster here: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
Step 1. Full Scan the Computer to Remove Hidden Risky Components from Computer
Update Your Drivers Now Popup from PCFilehelp.com often comes together with other adware or PUP install, which may show rootkit traits to hide in the system. Thus to ensure your computer is clean away from hidden risky components related , you are highly recommended to full scan your PC using your installed antivirus or here recommended antimalware-Anvi Smart Defender.
1. Download and install Anvi Smart Defender
Free version download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
Get Pro version: www.dotfab.com/asdupgrade.php
(Pro version can provide more protection to help the computer immune to future threats alike.)
2. Switch to the second tab-the scan tab and click on Full Scan button.
3. Remove the malicious results scanned by Anvi Smart Defender antimalware.
Step 3. Remove related browser extension or toolbar
Update Your Drivers Now Popup from PCFilehelp.com comes bundled with adware or PUP, which would cause malicious toolbar/add-on/plugin installed, default search engine modified and homepage hijacked. Thus it is necessary to check these settings all to ensure being clean and safe.
To remove related browser extension or toolbar→
Option 1 >
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster
Please note, this Toolbar Manager featured is only for Cloud System Booster pro version. If you want to use this feature, you can get the pro version here:http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php.
This way is highly recommended for users who have multiple web browsers installed. Otherwise, you can also choose to manually remove RightSaver add-ons from IE/Firefox/Chrome. –browser add-on Manual Removal
2. Start the program and click Toolbox at the bottom of the interface, locate the sidebar in the left to find Toolbar Manager icon as shown in below to open Toolbar Manager
3. Click Scan button to scan out RightSaver add-on and other unwanted browser extensions to remove.
Option 2 >
In Internet Explorer:
Open Internet Explorer, go Settings icon or Tools > Manage Add-ons > Toolbar and Extensions tab. Search through there for any dubious or unwanted add-ons to remove.
In Mozilla Firefox:
Open Mozilla Firefox, click Firefox button > Add-ons > Extensions tab. Search through there for any suspiciously related or unwanted browser add-on to remove. Please note, you need also check up the Plugin tab on the add-ons menu to ensure no malicious plugin stay.
In Google Chrome:
Open Google Chrome, click Customize and Control Google Chrome icon > Tools > Extensions to find any unwanted or related browser extension to remove.
If any other browser repair needed, you can do conventional removal. Otherwise, you can just reset your web browser to default settings to clean all once and for all as instructed below:
> Reset Google Chrome
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for IE 8 and below users) at the top (far right), then click again on Internet Options.
2. In the Internet Options dialog box, locate the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
1. Open Firefox, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu, and select Troubleshooting Information.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
3. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
4. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish.
1. Access to below file:
The folder “Default” contains all of the requisite settings. To reset Chrome, close it and change the folder name of “Default” to anything else…”Default old” or “Default broken” or whatever else you like. Once you reopen Chrome it will be reset!
If you want to retain some settings (especially things like bookmarks and login info) you can copy (don’t just move them because they should be kept intact as backups; copy them) those files into your new Default folder any time that Chrome is closed.
Note: The current version of Chrome does not provide the reset function in its settings list and you can sue the above method to set it to default settings in order to fix the browser issues without reinstall it.
However, in Chrome 15,16,17, you can go to: Options →Personal Stuff → Users→Delete User.
If you are the only chrome user, you will be the only user in the list. Click on “DELETE THIS USER” and viola…. You have reset Google Chrome to default settings.
All your add-ons, settings will restore to defaut.
Step 4. Remove Related Cookies and Maintain System Performance
See to remove the tracking cookies since there would be cookies associated with the Adcash.com, which causes the constant pop up in your web browser.
Tips: Before the cookies removal, you’d better backup your important personal information like some important username and passwords.
Besides, PUP install and adware popup can jam the system and degrade the system performance. It is necessary to clean the system from all those junks. Yet, you can use some system cleaner like Cloud System Booster for both tasks ( cookies cleaning and junks removal).
1. Download and install.
Cloud System Booster download: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
2. Click Disk Cleaner button on the main screen and then on the left navigator, locate the web browser like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome that you use, and then select item of removing cookies. It is recommended to select all web browsers that you have on your PC.
2. Click Home button to back on home page and click Quick Care button and the system maintenance begins.
Recommended for a slow PC→
If you want deep optimization, it is a good idea to defrag your hard disk using Anvi Ultimate Defrag:
This is a trial version of Anvi Ultimate Defrag download: www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Step 4. Block malicious websites and popup ads using Anvi Ad Blocker
Here you may also choose the Anvi Ad Blocker to help you block this sites by adding the URL to its blacklist. Besides this tool provides a huge online database to help you filter most malicious/phishing websites and annoying advertisements.
Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Please note this is a trial version of Anvi Ad Blocker for 15 days free use. If you want it for longer time, you can conveniently buy it here.
Not only this tool can help you block those malicious, phishing websites and most advertisements to reduce risks of getting infected, but also it can assist you in filtering those unwanted URLs by adding the URL into its black list.
To block unwanted websites using Anvi AD Blocker, you can follow below instructions on the image:
Adware/Malware Prevent Tips
–Tips to Prevent Adware and Potential Malware Infiltration
1. Keep your system and installed programs up to date.
2. Use caution when surfing online. Basically, you are suggested to turn on security features of web browsers. (See steps to turn on security features of IE/Firefox/Chrome).
3. Some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker can help you block most malicious/phishing websites and pop up ads with a real-timely updated database. Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
4. At any rate, the best way to prevent adware or malware infections is always security tools including firewall, antimalware or antivirus, etc. If you don’t have a reliable antimalware yet, then Anvi Smart Defender (download) would be a good choice to offer protection from mushrooming threats online.
5. To prevent unwilling install of some PUPs that bundles browser toolbars or adware, ensure the superlink of download you click is safe and clean. Plus, during the install, always choose custom install instead of continuing hitting Next to recklessly ignore the pre-check boxes and finally find unwanted programs else installed.
6. Chances are you take all measures to protect your computer but still end up with unknown infections, then the last solution is to take precaution on various cyber scams and remove the infection once and for all.
If you have more suggestions or questions about the adware/malware removal and prevent, leave your comment below.