Websearch.lookforithere.info redirects your web searches and shows search results by Whitesmoke or other infamous search engine? In this article you will find how to get rid of Websearch.lookforithere.info search hijacker and redirects. Read more.
Category: Browser Hijacker
Damage Level: Middle
Websearch.lookforithere.info is a type of browser hijacker because it replaces the homepage and causes search redirects. The Websearch.lookforithere.info redirects or hijacking actually come as result of installing some adware or PUP that are usually bundled with a variety of freeware from the Internet.
In other words, if Websearch.lookforithere.info redirects appear within your web browser, then you’d better immediately check up there for some potentially unwilling installs of adware or PUPs.
This Websearch.lookforithere.info hijacker is used to fake like a real search engine with the real purpose of promoting partner’s websites or advertisements and tracing user’s web searches. As a matter of fact, there is a big family of such sites owned by one to promote batches of advertisements. Be aware that these websites are nothing but ads-supporting platforms. No useful information would be provided with them.
The image of Websearch.lookforithere.info page
In my case, this Websearch.lookforithere.info just utilizes the search results of search.whitesmoke.com, which is another search hijacker often seen along with the WhiteSmoke Toolbar by Conduit LLD. Clues are that the Conduit is known as a company owning hundreds of advertising platforms in various forms.
Risks and Disadvantages of Having Websearch.lookforithere.info Redirects/Hijacking
1. Your PC will run slower and slower, or even get crashed from time to time.
2. Web browsing speed is heavily dragged.
3. The redirects may mislead you to risky websites and misguide you to download unwanted programs to jam or harm the computer further.
4. Like many other browser hijacker, your online privacy is not safe with this Websearch.lookforithere.info because it can access to all your browser data and collect these data, sending them to people who use them for money.
5. Floods of ads in your web browser will degrade web browser performance to be annoying.
6. Other unexpected issues like browser hijacking, search redirects, various malware infections are very likely to come along.
To keep clean and safe from harmful junk files from the Internet, it is urgent to remove the Websearch.lookforithere.info redirects and related adware or PUPs from your computer and web browser. Below is a detailed removal guide to help you on this subject.
Similar browser hijackers:
websearch.wisesearch.info, websearch.searchbom.info, websearch.good-results.info, websearch.relevantsearch.info, websearch.searchisbestmy.info, websearch.search-guide.info, websearch.homesearch-hub.info, websearch.soft-quick.info, Websearch.searchrocket.info, Websearch.just-browse.info, Websearch.searchere.info, Websearch.oversearch.info, Websearch.pur-esult.info, Websearch.searchiseasy.info, Websearch.simplesearches.info, websearch.searchesplace.info, websearch.searchboxes.info, websearch.greatresults.info, websearch.searchdwebs.info, websearch.a-searchpage.info, webserach.brandthunder.com, etc.
How to Get Rid of Websearch.lookforithere.info Redirect (Browser Hijacker Removal Guide)
Step 1. Remove risky hidden components using antimalware tool
To facilitate the afterward removal and ensure the computer is clean from any hidden components of the infection, it is necessary to use Antimalware/antivirus scan and removal. Here we use the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender as an example for demonstration purpose. You can also take a try by following below steps:
Antimalware Download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
Step 2. Remove related PUP/adware from computer
Choose an option you prefer to uninstall:
Tips: If you can not figure out which software is related to Value Apps or Conduit, it is a good idea to remove all programs installed on the date that you firstly detect the presence of search.conduit.com on your web browser.
Option 1. Automatic Uninstall
Anvi Uninstaller featured in Cloud System Booster contains a Recently Installed Tab can help you conveniently find the related PUP from recently installed program list to uninstall.
To use Anvi Uninstaller, you can follow below steps:
2. Start it and click on Toolbox at the bottom of the main screen to access where you can locate Anvi Uninstaller to Download and Run.
3. Locate the Recent Installed tab and then find the related programs to uninstall.
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to the browser hijacker.
Then you will see below window
Please note that here the process 3 is only available for Pro version users. This step can help you clean out those left files, mainly registry entries of the uninstalled PUP.
And if you want this, you can conveniently purchase the Cloud System Booster here: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
Option 2. Manually uninstall Related PUP/adware from Control Panel
Some adware or PUP related will install its program to the Control Panel. To remove it, you can:
For Win 8 users: Press Windows key or hover the cursor in the bottom left of the screen to access Start Menu →locate related PUP/adware → right click on the icon→ Click Uninstall from the appeared toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click Start →Click Control Panel → Locate Programs, and click Uninstall a program→ find related PUP/adware from the opened list → Locate the item you want to uninstall and right click to open the dropped menu, where you need to click Uninstall/Change. If there comes an confirmation, click Yes to proceed.
For Windows xp: Click Start → Select Control Panel → Click Add/Remove Programs → Find related PUP/adware from the opened list → locate and right click the item which you want to uninstall → click Remove to proceed the uninstall.
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to the browser hijacker.
Step 3. Remove Websearch.lookforithere.info from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
Choose an option below to repair browser settings affected by Websearch.lookforithere.info:
Highly Recommended for users who use multiple web browsers
Option 1. Automatic Repair
To repair browser settings, generally there are mainly three aspects in fixing browser settings in IE, Firefox and Chrome: remove add-on and related search engine, fix the homepage. Now to conveniently repair the browser settings, you can use this tool-Anvi Slim Toolbar. (download: www.dotfab.com/download_ast.html )
Instructions: 1. Download and install 2. Start the program and click Manage on its main screen. 3. Find related browser add-on and remove it from the appeared list. 4. Switch to the main screen and click Repair button to repair the homepage and search engine.
Reset homepage and search engine using Anvi Slim Toolbar
Option 2. Manual Repair
Generally to remove Websearch.lookforithere.info from web browsers including IE, Firefox and Chrome, you will need to check any modifications of browser add-on, search provider and homepage/new tab. And also you can just simply reset the browser settings to clean out the redirects. Below is just the instructions to reset browser settings.
1. Access to below file:
The folder “Default” contains all of the requisite settings. To reset Chrome, close it and change the folder name of “Default” to anything else…”Default old” or “Default broken” or whatever else you like. Once you reopen Chrome it will be reset!
If you want to retain some settings (especially things like bookmarks and login info) you can copy (don’t just move them because they should be kept intact as backups; copy them) those files into your new Default folder any time that Chrome is closed.
Note: The current version of Chrome does not provide the reset function in its settings list and you can sue the above method to set it to default settings in order to fix the browser issues without reinstall it.
However, in Chrome 15,16,17, you can go to: Options →Personal Stuff → Users→Delete User.
If you are the only chrome user, you will be the only user in the list. Click on “DELETE THIS USER” and viola…. You have reset Google Chrome to default settings.
All your add-ons, settings will restore to defaut.
1. Open Firefox, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu, and select Troubleshooting Information.
2. Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
3. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
4. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for IE 8 and below users) at the top (far right), then click again on Internet Options.
2. In the Internet Options dialog box, locate the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
Step 4. Remove key leftovers and maintain system performance
Some browser hijacker like this Websearch.lookforithere.info would inject its tracking cookies or use other means to track your online search habit. Thus it is necessary to remove the related browser data including its tracking cookies and browser history to prevent its survival. To do so, Cloud System Booster would be helpful. Not only will it help you automatically clean the browser data, but also it will maintain your system performance in order to return a smooth uncluttered OS.
Cloud System Booster download: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Instructions: 1. Download and install.
2. Click Disk Cleaner button on the main screen and then on the left navigator, locate the web browser like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome that you use, and then select item of removing cookies. It is recommended to select all web browsers that you have on your PC.
2. Click Home button to back on home page and click Quick Care button and the system maintenance begins.
Recommended for a slow PC→
If you want deep optimization, it is a good idea to defrag your hard disk using Anvi Ultimate Defrag:
This is a trial version of Anvi Ultimate Defrag download: www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Step 5. Block Websearch.lookforithere.infoand most malicious websites and advertisements using Anvi Ad Blocker
To block malicious websites and pop up ads for safer surfing online, some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker would be a nice choice. It provides a huge online database to help you filter most malicious/phishing websites and annoying advertisements.
Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Please note this is a trial version of Anvi Ad Blocker for 15 days free use. If you want it for longer time, you can conveniently buy it here.
Not only can this tool help you block those malicious, phishing websites and most advertisements to reduce risks of getting infected, but also it can assist you in filtering those unwanted URLs like this Websearch.lookforithere.info by adding the URL into its black list.
Adware/Malware Prevent Tips
–Tips to Prevent Adware and Potential Malware Infiltration
1. Keep your system and installed programs up to date.
2. Use caution when surfing online. Basically, you are suggested to turn on security features of web browsers. (See steps to turn on security features of IE/Firefox/Chrome).
3. Some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker can help you block most malicious/phishing websites and pop up ads with a real-timely updated database. Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
4. At any rate, the best way to prevent adware or malware infections is always security tools including firewall, antimalware or antivirus, etc. If you have not an trustful antimalware yet, then Anvi Smart Defender (download) would be a good choice to offer protection from mushrooming threats online.
5. To prevent unwilling install of some PUPs that bundles browser toolbars or adware, ensure the superlink of download you click is safe and clean. Plus, during the install, always choose custom install instead of continuing hitting Next to recklessly ignore the pre-check boxes and finally find unwanted programs else installed.
6. Chances are you take all measures to protect your computer but still end up with unknown infections, then the last solution is to take precaution on various cyber scams and remove the infection once and for all.
If you have more suggestions or questions about the adware/malware removal and prevent, leave your comment below.