www-search.net overtakes your web browser, shown as the homepage even after you repair browser settings? This article is mainly about how to remove www-search.net from homepage within IE/Firefox/Chrome with a step by step removal guide.
What is www-search.net?
Www-search.net is a browser hijacker related to Turavo search toolbar, which serves actually as an ads-supporting platform to promote advertisements, site rankings, or even track user’s web search data.
Often, the sudden appearance of www-search.net hijacking the web homepage comes as a consequence of installing some PUP or toolbars, say Turavo toolbar, to add browser add-on, modify default search engine and web homepage. One thing more for this www-search.net hijacking is that it also adds its shortcut to web browser properties. This makes it very stubborn to remove, working the same way as Nationzoom.com, sweet-page.com, delta-homes.com, and the like.
The image of www-search.net hijacker in Firefox
To some, this www-search.net works like a virus that always shows as the homepage whenever you open your web browser, even after your repair all browser settings including reset the homepage. Thus some people may also call it www-search.net virus or www-search.net infection.
Is www-search.net a virus or malware?
Technically, www-search.net is neither a virus nor a malware because it does not use any exploits or trojans to distribute.
However, this www-search.net is definitely not safe to use or keep since it may violate your privacy and compromise your computer online security, let alone its sticky hijacking the homepage and messing up the web search.
Recent browser hijackers tend to fake as a real search engine and even utilize real search results from other reputable search services providers including Google, Yahoo or Bing to puzzle users in terms of figuring out its real acts of browser data collecting and ads promoting.
Needless to say other negative traits of such a stubborn browser hijacker that add www-search.net shortcut to properties of web browser to avoid being deleted and mess up web search.
No reasons to let www-search.net stay. It is urgent to remove this browser hijacker and keep both your system and online privacy on safe side. Remove this www-search.net browser hijacker upon sight.
Prevention improves on virus removal. Before we go through the removal guide to get rid of this www-search.net browser hijacker, let’s see some tips to prevent this browser hijacker and potential risks related below:
Tips to Prevent www-search.net as homepage and other similar browser hijackers
To keep safe away from browser hijackers like this www-search.net, you can take below tips into practice:
1. Use caution when browsing the Internet. Basically, you should ensure turn on security features of your web browser. See detailed instructions to turn on security features of IE, Firefox and Chrome. Plus. some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker would do a good job to help you filter most malicious/phishing websites and pop up ads. Anvi Ad Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html. See more details on Easy Ads-free Surfing with Anvi Ad Blocker.
2. Take extra caution when you are required to download some browser updates, or adobe flash players. These are very likely to lead you to malicious downloads.
3. Pay attention when clicking a superlink or opening an email from unknown people and express company. It is too careful to open an attachment contained in a spam email or peer-to-peer shared files from the Internet.
4. Regularly clean up system files to maintain a healthy system. And also clean browser data including browser history and browser cookies on regular basis to better protect your online privacy.
5. Keep your system and installed programs up to date.
6. At any rate, the best way to protect computer from infections would be always security tools including firewall, antivirus, antimalware like Anvi Smart Defender.
Similar browser hijackers for precautions:
How to Get Rid of www-search.net Homepage (www-search.net Browser Hijacker Removal Guide)
Step 1. Uninstall related PUP from computer
Choose an option you prefer to uninstall:
Tips: If you can not figure out which software is related to www-search.net redirects, it is a good idea to remove all programs installed on the date that you firstly detect the presence of Do Searches hijacking within your web browser.
Option 1. Automatic Uninstall
Anvi Uninstaller featured in Cloud System Booster contains a Recently Installed Tab can help you conveniently find the related PUP from recently installed program list to uninstall.
To use Anvi Uninstaller, you can follow below steps:
1. Download and install the Cloud System Booster.
Free version download: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Get Pro version: www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. Start it and click on Toolbox at the bottom of the main screen to access where you can locate Anvi Uninstaller to Download and Run. And then locate the Recent Installed tab and then find the related programs to uninstall.
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to the browser hijacker or PUP.
Then you will see below window
Please note that here the process 3 is only available for Pro version users. This step can help you clean out those left files, mainly registry entries of the uninstalled PUP.
And if you want this, you can conveniently purchase the Cloud System Booster here: http://www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
Option 2. Manually uninstall Related PUP from Control Panel
Note: The related PUPs would be multiple. Ensure uninstall all PUPs related to the adware.
For Win 8 users: Click Windows key > Start Menu > Control Panel , Find and click dubious program related, click Uninstall.
For Windows 7/Vista: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program, find and locate dubious program related to right click the item, click Uninstall/Change. If there comes an confirmation, click Yes to proceed.
For Windows xp: Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, find and click dubious programs related, and then right click the item to click Remove to proceed the uninstall.
Step 2. Remove www-search.net homepage from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
Choose an option your prefer below:
→ highly recommended for users using multiple web browsers
Option 1. Automatic Repair using Anvi Slim Toolbar
1. To remove search redirects from web browser, generally there are mainly three aspects in fixing browser settings in IE, Firefox and Chrome: remove add-on and related search engine, fix the homepage. Now to conveniently repair the browser settings, you can use this tool-Anvi Slim Toolbar.
a. Download and install
Anvi Slim Toolbar download: www.dotfab.com/download_ast.html
b. Start the program and click Manage on its main screen.
c. Find and locate related/unwanted browser add-on and remove it from the appeared list.
e. Switch to the main screen and click Repair button to repair the homepage and search engine.
2. To delete the shortcut from IE, Firefox and Chrome, you can follow below instructions:
In IE: Locate IE icon on desktop and right click it to navigate to Properties →Shortcut →Target, and then select the www-search.net url in the target text box to delete it via right-click menu.
In Firefox: Locate Firefox icon on desktop and right click it to navigate to Properties →Shortcut →Target, and then select the www-search.net url in the target text box to delete it via right-click menu.
In Chrome: Locate Google Chrome icon on desktop and right click to navigate to Properties →Shortcut →Target, and then select the www-search.net url in the target text box to delete it via right-click menu.
After all done, reopen your web browser to check.
1. Reset Google Chrome
Access to below file:
The folder “Default” contains all of the requisite settings. To reset Chrome, close it and change the folder name of “Default” to anything else…”Default old” or “Default broken” or whatever else you like. Once you reopen Chrome it will be reset!
If you want to retain some settings (especially things like bookmarks and login info) you can copy (don’t just move them because they should be kept intact as backups; copy them) those files into your new Default folder any time that Chrome is closed.
Note: The current version of Chrome does not provide the reset function in its settings list and you can sue the above method to set it to default settings in order to fix the browser issues without reinstall it.
However, in Chrome 15,16,17, you can go to: Options →Personal Stuff → Users→Delete User.
If you are the only chrome user, you will be the only user in the list. Click on “DELETE THIS USER” and viola…. You have reset Google Chrome to default settings.
All your add-ons, settings will restore to defaut.
2. Remove shortcut from Chrome properties.
Now close Chrome and find its desktop icon. Right-click its desktop icon and navigate to Properties → Shortcut
Remove www-search.net from target text box.
When finished, open Chrome to check if the issue is gone.
1. Reset Firefox
a. Open Firefox, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu, and select Troubleshooting Information.
b. Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
c. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
d. Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish.
2. Remove shortcut from Firefox properties
Now close Mozilla Firefox, and then right-click its desktop icon to navigate to Properties → Shortcut.
Remove the url www-search.net from the Target text box.
When finished, restart the Firefox to check. That’s it.
1.Reset Internet Explorer
a . Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon (Tools for IE 8 and below users) at the top (far right), then click again on Internet Options.
b. In the Internet Options dialog box, locate the Advanced tab, then click on the Reset button.
c. In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section, check the Delete personal settings box, then click on Reset.
d. When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
2. Remove shortcut from Internet Explorer properties
Now close Internet Explorer, and right click its desktop icon to navigate to Properties → Shortcut
Remove the www-search.net from the text box of Target
Step 3. Remove hidden components using Antimalware
To remove any potentially risky components hidden in the system, it is necessary to use antimalware/antivirus scan and removal. Here we use the antimalware Anvi Smart Defender as an example for demonstration purpose. You can also take a try by following below steps:
1. Download and install Anvi Smart Defender
Free version Download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
(If you want more protection of Anvi Smart Defender like to immune to future threats, you may upgrade it here. )
2. Switch to the second tab-the scan tab and click on Full Scan button.
3. Remove the malicious results scanned by Anvi Smart Defender antimalware.
Step 4. Remove tracking cookies, key leftovers to maintain system performance
Necessarily after web browser related infection removal, use some tools like Cloud System Booster to remove key leftovers including tracking cookies or browser data. This will not only delete junk files and maintain system performance, but also effectively prevent possible return of the browser hijacker. In this regard, Cloud System Booster may do you a convenient favor.
1. Download and install Cloud System Booster
Free version download: www.dotfab.com/download_csb.html
Get Pro version : www.dotfab.com/csbupgrade.php
2. Click Disk Cleaner button on the main screen and then on the left navigator, locate the web browser like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome that you use, and then select item of removing cookies. It is recommended to select all web browsers that you have on your PC.
2. Click Home button to back on home page and click Quick Care button and the system maintenance begins.
Recommended for a slow PC→
If you want deep optimization, it is a good idea to defrag your hard disk using Anvi Ultimate Defrag:
This is a trial version of Anvi Ultimate Defrag download: www.dotfab.com/download_aud.html
Step 5. Block malicious websites and pop up ads using Anvi Ad Blocker
To block malicious websites and pop up ads for safer surfing online, some tools like Anvi Ad Blocker would be a nice choice. It provides a huge online database to help you filter most malicious/phishing websites and annoying advertisements.
Anvi AD Blocker download: www.dotfab.com/download_adb.html
Please note this is a trial version of Anvi Ad Blocker for 15 days free use. If you want it for longer time, you can conveniently buy it here.
Not only can this tool help you block those malicious, phishing websites and most advertisements to reduce risks of getting infected, but also it can assist you in filtering those unwanted URLs like this www-search.net by adding the URL into its black list.
If any question in the process, leave it below.