Web browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome provide security features to protect our browsing online from potential risks of malware infection. It is highly advised to make full use of such to protect our computer online. Then this post will guide you how to turn on these useful Security Features of IE, Firefox and Chrome to basically protect our online surfing.
Turn on Activate SmartScreen Filter of Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer version 8 and 9 have this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing websites and protect you from downloading malicious files online. This may enable you avoid some ransomware/Trojan/malware from the Internet if this is active on your computer. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow the below steps:
1) Please open Internet Explorer.
2) On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). If you use IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3) Select and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list.
4) On the opened window of Microsoft SmartScreen Filter, select Turn on SmartScreen Filter as shown in below picture and then clock OK to take effect and restart the IE.
Turn on Block Attack Sites & Web Forgeries of Mozilla Firefox
Firefox version 3 or later comes including a built-in feature for Phishing and Malware protection. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats on your computer. To assist you in keeping safe while browsing the Internet Firefox, please follow the guide below:
1) Please open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2) Click on Firefox button on the top and then choose Options->Options from the list.
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
4) and then Click the OK to save the change and restart the Firefox browser
Turn on Enable Phishing and Malware Protection of Google Chrome
You could also have lesser risks when browsing the web with Google Chrome’s Phishing and Malware Detection feature. It displays an alert when the site you are attempting to visit is suspicious. To enable Phishing and Malware Protection, please do the steps below:
1) Please open Google Chrome.
2) Click on the Wrench icon or 3-bar icon located on top right corner of the browser.
3) Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4) Click on Show advanced settings from the below part.
5) Mark the Enable phishing and malware protection under Privacy settings as shown in below image.
> Install a Decent Anti-malware Program
Apart from having up-to-date anti-virus software, your computer will be safer if it is protected by anti-malware program. Anti-malware not just blocks malicious files from entering the computer but also checks if the web site you are trying to visit contains harmful elements.
Antimalware download(Anvi Smart Defender download: www.dotfab.com/download_asd.html
Anvi Smart Defender is an antimalware program to provide all-round malware removal and prevent solutions including powerful malware detect and removal based on Cloud database, Postive Guard in multiple aspects, integrated Anvi Ad Blocker for real-time escort when surfing online and necessary system maintenance utilities.
Good luck and be safe online.
If any question, please feel free to email us below: